Apricot Jam with Honey and Lemon Verbena
Recipe courtesy of savingtheseason.com
• 2.2 pounds (1 kg) Blenheim apricots, pitted and halved
• 3 cups (600 g) sugar
• juice of one lemon
• 1 cup honey
• 2 tablespoons Rinquinquin, Beaumes de Venise or other sweet aperitif wine
• 6 lemon verbena leaves
1. Place prepared fruit in a ceramic bowl, add lemon juice, honey and sugar. Cover with wax paper and macerate for several hours in the refrigerator.
2. Transfer mixture to a heavy enameled pot and slowly bring to a full boil.
3. Lower heat to a controlled boil, skim and continue to cook, stirring occasionally until mixture begins to reduce and thicken, and the apricot halves begin to break down.
4. When the jam has reduced almost to the jell point, add the wine and lemon verbena leaves. Cook a few minutes longer until ready.
5. Ladle into jars and seal. Process in boiling water for 10 minutes.